Monday, November 5, 2012

Secret Ingredient: Lime

I was struck with a craving for LIME last week, so I found a recipe I had been saving on Pinterest for Cilantro Lime Rice.  Sounds fabulous, right?  My meals are normally inspired by a main dish, then sides get tacked on.  This time the side was demanding to be the star, but I had to come up with a main dish that would compliment the rice.  I immediately thought of Cuban pork chops.  A quick Google search landed me at a Guy Fieri recipe for Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo.  The combination was heavenly!  The only changes I made was to cut back on the pepper and cumin in the Cuban spice mixture for the pork chops (one of my kiddos is not too keen on spice).  I also left the sauce off my pork chop because it was too salty for me.  I thought it had a ton of flavor without the sauce.  I highly reccommend trying these recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment